Tuesday, September 27, 2016

OOPS! I TRIATHALONED AGAIN




Well, it's been a little over a week 
and I haven't died of
residual effects from the
2016 MALIBU TRIATHALON.

You'd think I'd have keeled over
after having to get up at 
2:30 A freaking M
to drive down to Zuma Beach with my
sooper-powered neighbor
Darren Turbow.

But we weren't the only ones:


I got marked up
with my bib number
(in case you die and they need to identify you)


And then got my gear set up in the transition area.


It turned out to be a misty day,
which was delightful since the last two years
were stoopid hair dryer in your face hot.


After a beautiful performance of the National Anthem by Rachel Platten,
(and a moving rendition of her hit, The Fight Song)
it was time to go!

And after all was said and done,
I thought I had a really great race!

I knew my swim wasn't as good as last years.
The mist made it hard to keep your bearings and I 
had to stop alot to make sure I was on course.

But I thought I 
MURDERED
it on the bike and run.

I ended up going 
two hours, 10 minutes,
which seemed
AWESOME!


Then I realized I did a 
2:07 last year.

Oops.

Still--
I'll take it.

I mean,
I tied my personal record of 
NOT DYING,
right?

Here are the official times:



I was a minute over on my bike
and a minute under on my run.
The extra time came on my swim.


But next year I'll beat that
2:07.

If I don't die, that is.


Thanks,
Malibu Triathalon!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Numbuh 2,443 huh? XD