Wednesday, July 27, 2016

BYE- BYE COMIC CON 2016

OOF!

My trip to the San Diego Comic-Con 
this year was a bit of a whirlwind.

I almost didn't go because
my parents were having a luncheon to celebrate
 their 50th wedding anniversary
on Saturday, July 23rd
in Philadelphia.

SIDENOTE:
I was born on my parents 2nd anniversary,
therefore making me the 
sooper bestest best anniversary present
FOREVER.

Disney TVA was planning a joint panel with
The 7D and Penn Zero on Friday the 22nd
so they begged/threatened/cajoled
me into doing the event and then taking a red eye 
to Philadelphia that night.

And being dumb,
I did it.

But it was totally worth it.
Because I would have hated to miss
Comic-Con.

Because
AWESOME:


It was,
of course,
gihoogic as ever:





I was totally going to buy this 
Frank Frazetta painting:


But then I saw the price:


I couldn't afford this car, either.


Or this:


And my oldest sooper hero
 was lucky enough to get invited to 
his first-ever con by a good friend
so we got to walk the floor 
and nerd out together for a while:



One Piece toys rock!




GAH!
Good thing I took the train:


And as was to be expected,
all of San Diego was
RAINING
Poke Lures:


Which made it fun to catch
stuff like this:


One of my favorites things about
 Comic Con is the cosplay.
I mean, check out this guy dressed as
Maxwell Atoms:


So much good stuff:







And even though it was a short trip,
I still made time to pose for my annual
Yugioh token card:


Next up,
I'll tell you about 
how the 7D panel went!





















SaveSave

No comments: