Thursday, April 28, 2016

PICTURE THIS AT FEDERAL BAR FUNDRAISER RECAP!



Perhaps you've heard that every 
Tuesday and Thursday morning,
bright and early,
I swim laps at our local
YMCA.

So when they asked me to help 
out for a fundraiser I was all like,
BLURBLE BLUGGA BLUB BLUB!

Then I got out of the water and said,
"Heck, yeah!"

The event was at the Federal Bar in
North Hollywood,
which has an awesome upstairs party space.


And what were they using that space for?

Picture This! is a live comedy show with stand-ups, voice actors 
and more performing while they are drawn live 
by some of the best animators, cartoonists, 
and other artists in the biz! The comedians don’t know what 
the animators are drawing and the animators don’t know how the comedians will react.
It may be weird.
It may different.
But it will be FUNNY!

We got a great crowd:


And a great line-up!


I was lucky to be teamed with
who is really funny 
and a really nice guy!


I met some awesome artists like
and 
Here they are warming up.


was
KILLING IT
on the Wacom tablet,
drawing really funny stuff on the fly while
was on stage making the audience laugh.




Jenni D Fine 
was on point with her drawing,
totally making
already hilarious routine
at least 573% hilariouser!



Katie Prescott was drawing for her sister Julia
and both had the crowd howling.
(Their Mom Suzanne works at Disney and rocks pretty hard)


And 
ALWAYS
makes me laugh.
So you know he was gonna make the 
audience crack up when he
went to bat.


Here he is in action:



Mr. Lyon and I waited patiently for our turn...


And then it was time for us to go on.


I think we did okay
for a coupla rookies.

I would have preferred a Cintiq over a Wacom,
but ya get what ya get and ya don't get upset,
amiright?

Such a fun night!
Get on out to a 
event 
if you can!







1 comment:

Guest said...

Your posts always make my day. Drywall Services