Tuesday, February 23, 2016

TABLING IT AT MO'S HOUSE


Last weekend I made a pilgrimage to
Knuffle Manor,
home of Mo Willems,
to help on a sooper secret project.

But it's no secret that when you go to
Knuffle Manor,
you're encouraged to
draw on the dinner table.

And I did just that with an 
incredible group of creative people:


who has been writing and drawing
RHYMES WITH ORANGE
for a thousand years
did this:


Her partner Kerry,
who claims to be a science teacher
and not an artist
drew this wonderful friend:





Here's A bird by Mo
(which I totally stole the next morning)



Datsun-powered painter
rocked this evil beauty:


And because he's awesome he always brings 
me an artist proof of the latest 
Magic the Gathering card
he's done:



Okay...
So I drew this dumb dinosaur thing:


And then dumb ol' 
has to go and make the sooper most beautiful drawing
of a dragon drawing my dumb dragon
while Mo's dog watches:


I TOTALLY took Tony's drawing home with me because
OMG!!!

Master of marquetry
and
mega movie producer
(no relation to Adam from the Bible)
collaborated on drawing an entire cast of characters and 
writing a story about them, 
most of it too hot for blogging:



And if I didn't mention there were enchiladas,
there were definitely enchiladas:







It's always creative people heaven
at Mo and Cheryl's parties.
I could have spent two days talking to each person there.

But the rent at Mo's place ain't cheap.
So here I am back in LA.

But I can't wait to go back!


1 comment:

Rifal Kurni said...

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

Click Here
Visit Web
Chillispot.org
Information