Monday, December 17, 2012

KUBRICK AT LACMA


Did you go to the 
retrospective
at the 

He's the guy that did all these movies:


Impressive, right?
But in the interest of full disclosure,
I'll come out and say it:

I don't love Kubrick's films.

I totally respect him as an artist
(because that's what he is)
but the pacing of his films
makes me sleepy.

That said,
Mr. Kubrick
is tough to beat visually.
The man absolutely pushed his craft 
past whatever limits were in his way.
His sense of the epic was
GIHOOGIC!



But no matter how I feel about an artist,
(love, hate or meh)
I adore getting insight to their process.
And this exhibit did a wonderful job
of knitting together the threads that built 
Kubrick's breadth of work.

There were scripts:


Storyboards:
(I LOVE storyboards)




Models:





Costumes:




And other stuff:


Love Kubrick or not...
it's a great exhibit that makes you want to run home 
and watch his films.

Check it out if you get a chance.

Bonus 
artsy-fartsy 
art:

LOVE
LOVE
LOVED
this installation by





No comments: