Sunday, March 6, 2011

THANKS, HOWIE SHIA!


Ten thousand years ago when I used to herd cats-- I mean, smooth talk animation artists into donating artwork to the ASIFA-EAST USED ANIMATION ART AUCTION, I had the pleasure of meeting Howie Shia
(who did the above piece).
You've probably heard the epic tale of how we met but if not it's over HERE.

Anyway, we still keep in touch even though he lives in Canada and I live in LA.
I know...
Crazy, right?
Canadians and Americans having civil communications...
I'd say we're ushering in a new era of Canadian/American peace that politicians have been unable to dream of achieving for centuries.

Need an example?
Hows about me coming home to find a package from Mr. Shia containing this book:


It's really beautiful,
sweet,
And touching.

You should get a copy.

But even better than receiving a beautiful book...
Is receiving a beautiful piece of original artwork by Mr. Shia.


How cool is THAT?!

Thanks, Mr. Shia!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's the book about? "harvey" like in "harvey the obnoxious numbuh 363"? probably no, but i had to say it. anyway, the painting is sooper awsum!

OFFTOPIC: i read on the retired knd blog that fans used to send you knd drawings...is that still possible? where do i send it, if so?

thanx