Thursday, May 28, 2009

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT!


YUP! It's been a busy week of hanging out with kids here in Brooklyn!

On Wednesday I was at the Dillon Center...

On Thursday I was at the Brooklyn New School!

And on Friday I hung out at the Fort Greene Co-Op School!

That's a lot of Kindergartner and First Graders to read 1000 TIMES NO to! And you know what all those kids had in common? Be they from Brooklyn or elsewhere?

THEY ALL DRAW BETTER THAN ME!

See for yourself:







I EXPRESSLY forbade them from embarrassing me with their sooper talented powers. But they wouldn't listen. They just kept drawing better and better and betterer until all the teachers were looking at me like I was some bum off the street who walked in with a bunch of scribbles. Here's more:








Darn kids...

But boy were they fun!

Sooper giant thanks to ALL the kids for making the readings such a blast! And extra special thanks for the sooper hospitality of the teachers and librarians who took good care of me while I was visiting!

Next week I'll be venturing out of Brooklyn to visit Washington Elementary School in Nutley, NJ and Afton Elementary in Yardley, PA!

I hope they can't draw out there!
(but will secretly love it if they can!)






2 comments:

KAUKAB BASHEER JUNAID said...

Hehe.. Really great drawings :) I'm sure you learnt a lot from these kids.. lol Keep up the 'sooper' work!

Anonymous said...

Budding artists, you can really tell ^_^ I wanna draw Noah too!

~jazzy