Monday, February 9, 2009

KIN YOO DRAWL ME A PITCHER PLEEZ?

After all my crazy storyboard pitchin' last week, I actually got a chance to wander around the Disney TV Animation studio to say hey to assorted people I know... or don't know. But I can't say hey to people without saying 'hey, draw me a picture!'

So here's what I got:


Herobear by Mike Kunkel

I was already a HUGE fan of Herobear and the Kid before I met Mr. Kunkel at Cartoon Network a couple years ago. He was working on Juniper Lee and I immediately assaulted him with heaps of praise and adulation... but he kept interrupting to tell me how much his kids loved KND. So he drew me a Herobear pic and I made him a sketch and sent a pile of KND stuff for his kids. I hadn't seen him since then, but there he was at Disney working on the upcoming Kid Knievel... which is lookin' pretty good!


Phineas and Ferb by Dan Povenmire

A while back, Former KND Writer of Wrongs Andy Rheingold had suggested I should call Dan to get advice on navigating the waters of Disney. He was really helpful, so I was thrilled to get a chance to meet him and hang out for a while. Phineas and Ferb is kicking huge acres of butt for Disney Channel right now and he's still having a blast making it!


Spongebob by Derek Drymon

Derek is one of those guys I've been dying to meet for years but has successfully managed to remain out of my sight. I finally found him at Cartoon Network where he's doing a couple shorts for Craig McCracken's Toonstitute.


A dog by Chris Battle

I know Mr. Battle from when I was working at Cartoon Network on my pilots. He's one of the rockinest character designers in LA and is pumping out some amazing art. Lately, it's been on Kid Knievel.

The great things about getting all these people to draw in my sketchbook is that it gets filled up faster and with better drawings! Nice...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool pitchers there! The doggy pitcher is so cuuuuuuuute! I'm ever so curious as to why he is saying "suck" though... Do you often doodle in their sketchbooks for them in return?